Thursday 15 September 2016

My First Week

My First Week


Date Posted: 15/09/2016
Date(s) Event Happened: 05/09/2016 - 11/09/2016

Being alone was a strange adjustment. Although, I wasn't really alone.

I left off yesterday's post mentioning a broken lock. The top of the door and the bottom of the door would open, but the middle hadn't. Years of wear and tear on the lock had left it broken. 

On Monday, I was sick with a migraine, but the door had to be sorted. At least temporarily. Most of my day was spent with the TV on, my landlords downstairs sorting out the door. I still didn't have internet, so BBC News, The Wright Stuff and Quiz Shows seemed like the way to go. 
We had a potential housemate visit Monday night, so like a good student, I kept my door open. Sadly, she didn't take the room.

On Tuesday, I felt well enough to go into town. I was careful with how much I spent. I didn't have an unlimited amount of money, but I bought myself more Migraleve. That was the incentive for going into town.
Back at the house, I watched Quiz Shows and BBC News, whilst the door was being sorted out. 

At 6:30, my housemate, Nilben arrived. There was an awkward greeting time, to which it took twice as long to read the book I had started. I wasn't a fan of the interruption. 

On Wednesday, Niblen and I went to Dunelm and the City Centre, so Nilben could buy things for her room. I ended up coming back with a printer, so I didn't have to pay for printing at uni. I had my coffee fix of the day, which was needed. 
I think that night, I just had baked beans and sausages. It beat the pot noodle.
Our internet also arrived on Wednesday, a day before it was supposed to. I wasn't complaining. I set it up that morning, when Nilben was at the shops. 

On Thursday, I fell ill with another migraine. I think I overdid it on Wednesday. I had Netflix though, so I watched Labyrinth, Footloose (the 2011 version) and Over the Hedge, before turning over to my quiz shows.
It was a lazy day, with a lazy meal of noodles. 

On Friday, Nilben and I went back into the city centre, to pick up more sheets. I think I just had noodles for dinner (like a typical student).

On Saturday, we had rain. I had to go out to Aldi, because I wanted more noodles. So, I grabbed my hoodie and walked to Aldi. I got myself lost though. There were two paths, one up, one down. I went up instead of down. But I managed to find my way to Aldi (thanks Google Maps!). 
It was noodles for dinner. 

On Sunday, I met up with Karl, Alex and Seamus. We went to Alton Towers, although they arrived quite a bit later than the time I arrived at our meeting place (Aldi). I went for a walk, thinking the other Premier Store had takeaway coffee. They didn't. But I picked up some drinks and breakfast. They still weren't there, so I went into the Hospital to pick up a coffee. I was still sat there another hour waiting, but it didn't matter. 
Once they arrived, I got the chance to warm up. 

It was a fantastic day out. I really missed the inside jokes we had and having missed Thorpe Park for being ill, it was great to spend time at a theme park. Karl and Alex got Seamus and I on three rollercoasters; Thirteen, Rita and Galatica. 
I think the best rides were the water ones. I had a picture of our first go on the rapids, where we got midly soaked.
We went on the pirate ship ride (which I have forgotten the name of) and got drenched. I actually think drenched is putting it mildly. We looked like drowned rats. Karl's brilliant idea was to go back on the rapids. 
I don't think I've laughed so hard at things that have been said on the rapids. 

Leaving them was tough. I'd had such a great day and until my student finance came in, I wouldn't have been able to give them a certain date of when I would next see them. It was still great memories.

Then Induction Week started the day after. 

See you there.

-Emma-

No comments:

Post a Comment