Sunday 18 September 2016

Induction Week - Day Three

Induction Week - Day Three


Date Posted: 18/09/2016
Date Event Happened: 14/09/2016

There's only one word to describe Wednesday... HOT. 

Not in the way the food is hot, it was worse than that.
Not in the way you look at a hot guy or girl and think; Damn they're hot. 


It was uncomfortably hot. To the point, I regretted not shaving. 
I was wearing a low cut short to mid-length black dress and a thin black cardigan to hide the fact I hadn't shaved my underarms. 

At the university, there was a group of us arriving before we departed at two. If I'm correct, I can now name the other seven classmates that were in this group. Ro, Mary, Alexander, Samuel, Marek, Imogen and Jenny. 

I am so glad I bought a 750ml bottle of water before departing the university. 

The walk was okay. I spoke with Marek, Samuel and Ro, whilst drinking copious amounts from my bottle of water every couple of minutes.
We hit the school rush, so went down a shortcut (which there is a story about tomorrow), and I was so glad for a few minutes of shade. The sweat was pouring off me in bucketloads. I can't comment on whether my friends were feeling the same. 


When we arrived at QUAD, I was so relieved to head inside. I had finished my bottle of water so I needed to get it filled.
But we still had half an hour to wait once we had our tickets.
Sam, Ro, Marek and I sat outside, finding a table in the shade. It was only for twenty minutes and for most of it, we were on our phones. 


Inside the cinema, it was somewhat cool. I definitely find chairs in arthouse cinemas a lot nicer and comfier than chairs in multiplex cinemas.
The Seventh Seal was different. I tried looking at it from the perspective of a film student, rather than just a spectator. Turns out I'm wasn't very engaged with the film at all, as I couldn't identify the climax/turning point of the film. 


The air was still uncomfortably hot after we left QUAD. After a quick trip to Tesco with Marek, where I picked up some more Pot Noodle and Baked Beans, as well as milk and bread because I had neglected to do so up until that moment. 

Then it was back home, where I tried to make myself as cool as possible. 

That's Day Three pretty much covered. 
Until tomorrow!

-Emma-

No comments:

Post a Comment