Monday 19 September 2016

Induction Week - Day Four

Induction Week - Day Four


Date Published: 19/09/2016
Date Event Happened: 15/09/2016

Thursday was the least busy day. It was very relaxed with a lunch in the North Tower (I really want to rename these towers after the Hogwarts ones, but I don't think there's enough to do it!).

I left with Sam, Marek and a few other classmates. We stopped off at the library and a few other places around the university, before Marek and I walked to town.

I could have sworn we walked exactly the same way we did on Wednesday. We didn't. We missed the shortcut. I, being a little bit stubborn, refused to admit it, thinking the shortcut was further on down the route.
Marek was right about the location of the shortcut, which I begrudgingly admitted. It was a pretty silly disagreement though and one we both got over once we were in the city centre. 


It wasn't until later that night, I was out at the MayPole. I stopped off at the newly opened Fish and Chip shop for dinner, but still ended up at the MayPole half an hour before doors opened. Even though I knew Alexander was coming, he still scared me when he arrived. 

Verbal Discharge was hilarious. I didn't even care that it overran by an hour, I had not laughed so hard in a long time.
I'll leave the link to the website, where you can listen to the edited down version of the podcast, here: http://blog.verbaldischarge.co.uk/wp/ 


It was fantastic to see live, so I think I'm definitely going to go to the Nottigham Comedy Festival to see them live again. 

It was also great to speak to them afterwards. James recognised me from Twisted Tongues, so I resisted the urge to joke; "Yep, I'm the baked bean girl." It may have caused a laugh, but I didn't need unnecessary embarrassment. 

This time I had my keys, so Nilben didn't have to let me in just after eleven o'clock. Needless to say, I was shattered, but glad Alexander and Charlie (I think that was her name) walked me back before heading to the next Freshers event.

Friday's will come tomorrow. 

-Emma- 

No comments:

Post a Comment