Sunday 2 October 2016

Bad Day

Bad Day


Date Published: 02/10/2016
Date Happened: 02/10/2016


Lets forget about the headache for a minute. That probably isn't helping my mood, but it's not the sole cause of it today. 

Printing. Printing is part of my bad mood. I do like my housemate, but sometimes she can irritate me, especially with the amount of printing she does, it's absurd. 
I have a print limit, thanks to HP Instant Ink. We've only had it in a week. I've printed 10 pages, maximum. She's printed 45 pages! 45!
As I type this, she comes in and tells me she's bought a Printer. Well, she came in without knocking. Another pet peeve of mine. Still, it's the best news I've heard all day.

Editing. I don't mind editing someone's work. I fully believe it helps them grow as a writer, by learning how to do things themselves.
But as I edit, I always wonder; Will they actually take on board my advice?
I've edited before, on a much larger scale than an assignment, and out of those that I've helped, only one has taken on my advice. ONE! And it infuriates me. I have much better things to be doing than editing someone else's work, who really doesn't care about the work and energy it actually takes.
As I grow as an Author and learn how to give constructive feedback, I wonder is it all really worth it?
Like I said, I do like editing. I like it even more when someone listens to my advice and works with it. It makes me feel like I've done something useful with my time. 

Going back to my housemate, she'll call up the stairs but her voice will get quieter. What is the point of calling for me, if you don't yell the full sentence?
I'm not psychic.I don't have super hearing. If I don't hear, then I have to move and that takes effort. Especially when I'm in a bad mood.

There is something that has made this day bearable. I have been binge watching The Flash for the past couple of days. I've never been one for Superhero films or TV Shows. If I like one, I will watch it.
Usually, it's Superman. However, as Tom Felton is in Season Three of The Flash, Star Power convinced me to watch the first two Seasons. I have been watching on and off through Season Two, but I haven't sat through the first Season.

I have sold my soul to The Flash. Which is apparent, as I have searched up fanfiction. I have fallen victim to Barry Allen and co. And I have no regrets. 
I enjoy binge watching, although this was nowhere near the scale of binge watching Supernatural. Which, I very almost did before Season 11 was aired. 
So yes, selling my soul to yet another fandom, made this day bearable. 

I suppose there are other factors that could contribute to my bad mood. And I know these reasons are petty. 
But I needed to write.
I needed to keep calm and blog on.

-Emma-

No comments:

Post a Comment